Saturday, May 15, 2010

How to take care of some flowers?

I have some flower. They are in my very sunny balcony. There is no other place that i can put them. Some of them had a kind of white cotton-looking stuff on them. Especially my begonias. And their leaves and flowers are getting fade. Also my hortensia (is that the right name for it - i don't know) has that white stuff on it. How can i get rid of those?


I have an azalea, too. That one is going away, i can see that, the leaves are falling. I thing i gave it a lot water:/ Are there anything to be done?


Thank you guys...

How to take care of some flowers?
Does this look like powder on your plants? If so, you may have "powdery mildew". It's a fungus that is infectious and it sounds as though the conditions on your balcony are perfect for it. Here's an article with more info and solutions:


http://www.angelfire.com/rings/ladypp/po...





You may also have gray mold. Here's a terrific website with pics for identifying and treating your plants:


http://www.planetnatural.com/site/xdpy/k...





Both of these conditions are contagious. If you have any healthy plants on the balcony, move them immediately. It sometimes helps to remove diseased leaves, but be sure to wash your hands after pinching off affected areas. This stuff spreads really, really easily.





I hope this helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment