Saturday, May 15, 2010

South Texas gardeners?

I live in San Antonio. Throughout the summer, most of my yard is in heavy, heavy shade. I love color but I'm tired of impatiens, begonias, caladiums, and coleus, and I don't have much luck with hostas. I'd also like to put in some perennials but don't have a lot to spend. Any suggestions? Or am I just out of luck? Thanks for any help.

South Texas gardeners?
Go to Rainbow Gardens on Bandera road (I think there is also one on 90 but I'm not sure) and ask them what to plant. they know everything about planting in the area and they have never recommended a plant that didn't work in my yard (I live out past Helotes).
Reply:Go to a couple of really good nurseries, look around, ask questions, and get ideas. You don't have to buy anything. I am certain you will end up with a new perspective and some grand ideas. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment