Sunday, April 26, 2009

I have a begonia. I need help with care and feeding.?

Hi,





I have a begonia. It got fungus. My husband cut it back, and now it has a few leaves.





How often should I water it, and how much water should I give it?





How often should I fertilize it?





Thank you

I have a begonia. I need help with care and feeding.?
Water the Begonia when the soil is dry - the pot should fee relatively "light" when it is dry, as opposed the the heavy it feels when when wet. The soil should dry out, somewhat, between waterings. When you water it, wet the soil thoroughly, but do not let it set in water.





Begonias need very little (if any) fertilizer. The only fertilizer I can recommend, if you insist, is a time-released one. Only use a little.





P.S. You can poke your finger into the soil to gauge the soil's dryness/moisture. Also, if you pay close attention to it, you may notice Begonias get a little "blue" [leaves] when they are getting dry.
Reply:Thanks for taking the time to choose a "best answer" yourself....even if I was the only one who answered. So many people don't bother after some of us spend so much time trying to help. You are "attentive", so I feel confident your Begonia will do well. Thanks again and Peace. :) Report It


lilac

No comments:

Post a Comment