Saturday, November 14, 2009

Angel leaf Begonias-different ones?

I have two angel-leaf begonias could they be different types?


one is growing with rather long leaves %26amp; lots of flowers


the other one is a wider darker leaf with white spots and no flowers (yet?)


Any ideas? --and how do they grow? rather how do I tend to them?

Angel leaf Begonias-different ones?
Yes, they can be different types. Once upon a time I made a collection of begonias for their leaf diffences-- was very interesting.


There are male and female blossoms-- you can figure it out if you look carefully at the bloom. I have hand pollenated the blooms to see what happened.


Your non-blooming plant may need soil enrichment-- one of the three numbers on fertilizer is for blooms-- I never can keep the last two numbers straight-- i.e. the first number is the amount of nitrogen-- which helps leaf growth-- the other two-- one is for root feeding and one is for blooms-- and I never can keep them straight-- BUT


read on a fertilizer bag, get the name of each component-- then google........


good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment