Saturday, November 14, 2009

I had a garden of begonias that look like died n the freeze last nt...is there anything i can do 2 save them?

I have had begonias at my place for the past 7 years. I always try to cover them when a frost is expected but at times have been out of town. The roots are still alive, what you need to do is remove all the damaged (dead) folage. You will find they will recover and regrow, and in the Spring you can fill them in the bare areas. To avoid this in the future, cover them with a sheet etc when cold weather (35degrees or lower) is predicted.

I had a garden of begonias that look like died n the freeze last nt...is there anything i can do 2 save them?
They will not live in freezing temperatures. They are annuals.





I have one right beside me. He is in the house for the winter.





Bring it inside and cut back everything that looks dead.





Should be ok. It will take time to recover. I think it takes several freezes to kill a plant completely unless its a particularly cold one.

Dental Hygienist

No comments:

Post a Comment