Thursday, November 12, 2009

Can I grow Begonia rex and Streptocarpus in New Delhi climate..?

New Delhi is the capital city of India, which is situated in norhern part of the country, having very hot and dry summers and hot and moist rainy season and cold and dry winter. Though winter does get some rain fall.





I HAVE PLACE TO GROWSAME IN SHADE, partial and complete shade away from sun is available.

Can I grow Begonia rex and Streptocarpus in New Delhi climate..?
Here in the UK I grow both plants indoors, the climate outside is not warm enough or sunny enough for them.


I would say that you will be able to grow both plants outside as long as they don't get cold. The Stretocarpus does not like to be too wet or it will go mildewy and the Begonia Rex will rot if it is too damp.


Have a go and good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment